Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA+
Florida State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Atlantic Coast Conference
Florida State University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.271 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.274 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.271 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies552Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies389Graduates
- Political Science and Government361Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities287Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management285Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.416 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.519 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 108 responsesReport
After Florida State University
- Very Good2368
Florida State University is a very friendly college. They have many opportunities for students to engage in activities at school with their friends. It is easy to meet new people with the active student body life. The teachers are welcoming and excited about their job as well as friendly. They always seem ready to help and excited to be there. While the school is very crowded and sometimes too hectic, its an experience that many students can enjoy because of all the ways to get involved with the school and community. I am proud to go to this school.
- 2 days ago
The Florida State campus is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. To walk around a school that all the students absolutely love is the best feeling. The intro classes are great and totally possible. The best part of this school so far is the fact that there are so many amazing people everywhere. FSU is unique because the diversity of the students really enables conversation, and encourages you to go out and meet new people. I would choose FSU again because there is no other school in the world like it.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago
This school has the best program for my major, which is why I applied to it in the first place. So far, all the professors I have had were proficient in their fields, and they were relatively engaging when lecturing about them. The dining halls are pretty decent, though I would recommend balancing your diet if you choose to eat there full time. There are so many activities to choose from, too. This way, there is something for everyone to do.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago