Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeA+
New York University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
University Athletic Association
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.192 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.193 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.193 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities525Graduates
- Cinematography and Video Production354Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production341Graduates
- Political Science and Government217Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies152Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.281 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.352 responses
After New York University
- Very Good1495
NYU silver school of social work has been an overall amazing experience. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and truly want each and every student to succeed.
- Recent Alumnus
- 1 month ago
Going to NYU has been life changing and educational. Every student comes from a different place, and everyone has a different and unique story. There are various communities you can be a part of, and the classes are challenging in the best way. However, it comes at a great price. Tuition, the price of books and the cost of housing at this college is unattainable for most working-class families. It puts most students in great debt.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago
My experience so far has been in between because it is different to what I am used to. The way that people carry themselves and their attitudes are very focused and to themselves. The difference between two people who are standing next to each other can be humongous. I like what the school has to offer but I am not trhilled about the community they have.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago